Frequently Asked Questions
We are not in network with any insurance companies, and payment is due in full at the time of service. We provide a Superbill (a detailed receipt) that can be submitted to insurance for reimbursement, and are happy to provide assistance with that process if needed. Here are some links to reimbursement forms/procedures for some of the more common insurance plans:
Missed appointments and appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice may be charged the full appointment fee.
Please contact us at 503-444-1745 in the event of inclement weather to confirm your appointment. Our office is at more than 500 feet elevation and roads here are often unsafe for travel well before other areas in Portland/Beaverton. We will make every effort to contact you by phone and/or email in advance if the office will be closed due to weather-related concerns.
Our office phone is answered Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm.
We are currently seeing patients both via telemedicine and in person. This may change as more information becomes available about the coronavirus pandemic.
For established patients only: If you have an urgent issue than cannot wait until regular business hours (M-F, 9-5), please call the office phone at 503-444-1745, listen to the voicemail for instructions, and leave a message.
If necessary, contact your child’s primary care provider for advice and/or take your child to the nearest emergency room.
Our focus is on medical and therapeutic interventions. We do not provide evaluations for the purpose of custody determination and/or other related legal proceedings.
How we are keeping patients as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic (the following may change at any time and is based on CDC and local health authority guidance):
When possible, appointments may be held via telemedicine
For in-person appointments:
- Unless approved in advance by Dr. Kirchoff, only one parent/guardian may accompany a patient. No siblings may attend unless approved in advance by Dr. Kirchoff.
- Please text Dr. Kirchoff at 503-307-0634 when you arrive to make sure she is ready to see you. This will reduce time spent in the waiting room and therefore reduce exposure to other families who may be there waiting for their clinicians.
- Please maintain 6 feet of distance from other people in the waiting room. If this is not possible, you are welcome to wait outside the office in the hallway until Dr. Kirchoff is available to greet you.
- Masks will be worn by all staff at all times when patients are in the office.
- All patients and anyone with them are asked to wear a mask over their mouth and nose for the duration of the appointment. If this is not possible, please advise Dr. Kirchoff and we will make other arrangements for your appointment.
- Please do not come to the office if you have any symptoms of illness (respiratory or otherwise) unless approved in advance by Dr. Kirchoff.
- You may be asked to sign a COVID-10 safety attestation document/questionnaire prior to your appointment.
- Air purifiers will be running in the waiting room and Dr. Kirchoff’s office when patients are present.
- Everyone entering office will be asked to use hand sanitizer on entry to reduce spread of virus in the office.
- We ask that you refrain from eating or drinking while in the office.
- Waiting room and offices are cleaned frequently with special attention to high-touch surfaces. Note that some surfaces cannot be cleaned between patients (magazines, books, chairs in the waiting room, etc) – please use hand sanitizer or wash your hands after touching those surfaces before touching your face (eyes, nose, mouth)
- Toys in Dr. Kirchoff’s office are cleaned between patients, and toys that cannot be cleaned are put away for 5 days after being handled before they are made available to patients again.